A-level stands for Advanced-level academic qualifications that prepare students for university. It includes different subjects including arts and science. Of the most demanding among other A-level subjects is the English language. The course study involves studying English and submitting tasks, i.e., writing an A-level English language assignment.
Presenting the recent stats published by Statista on 5 Dec,2023 almost 262,400 students learned the English language in the UK in 2022. This predicts that the trend of learning the English language is expanding quickly. Moreover, it also welcomes graduates with numerous employment opportunities. Explicitly talking about provisional data proposed by Ofequal, there has been an overall increase in A-level courses by 4.2% and a figure of 788,125 in the summer of 2022.
Hence, the overall trends portray this as a significant subject to study. It is a diverse field that serves as a basic communication modem between all the disciplines. It includes different projects, writing assignments and research on literary work.
Conducting deep research, and a thorough literature review can consume much of your energy. With time, it becomes hectic to multitask your course projects, which eventually results in distraction to achieve good grades. At this stage, it’s your right to get help from expert writers who provide the best assignment writing services. The credibility, readability and versatility they provide in your assignment are flawless. Moreover, writers have packages that perfectly align with your budget. Thus saving both ends for better reach.
Before writing the assignment directly, let us first understand the English language. After that learn some practical steps to compose an outstanding assignment.
A-level English language assignments include linguistic frameworks associated with creative writing tasks. This language subject allows students to comprehend different topics for wide audiences. Moreover, it encloses the study on the evolution of the English language:
- Word Histories
- Existence in society and individuals’ minds.
Besides this, it also includes non-fiction literary works such as essays, journalism and reviews.
For better understanding, you can see different A-level English language assignment examples such as:
- Investigating the English spoken language between different genders.
- What kind of English language can be used in different genres?
- Studying the evolution of English word histories.
Are you struggling with a perfect topic for an A-level English language assignment? We care about students’ concerns therefore, we have gathered a list of engaging assignment topics. Below is the list of unique topics read them for better understanding.
- What are the six types of English language?
- Explaining the five levels of the English language.
- Importance of Phonetics in the English language.
- How has English evolved? Is it still relevant in the 21st century?
- Enclosing the main trends in the English language.
Most students struggle to study a language and write assignments in A-Level English Language. Undoubtedly, many students feel stuck in writing their course assignments. Many students don’t even know how to begin from scratch, prepare an outline and gather data.
Therefore, to solve this problem, we have crafted a nine-step guide, which you can read to help you write an excellent assignment.
First, read the instructions to write a winning A-level English language assignment. The guidelines provided by the institute, supervisor or university give the right direction. It is always advised to read them carefully so you won’t skip any detail.
Think about the answers linked to your A-level English language assignment questions. For this, conduct deep and critical topic research. Divide the assignment topic into chunks and then search it on the internet. Perform extensive internet surfing and gather valuable information from resources. The credible resources may include different:
- Statistical websites i.e. Statista.
- Research article websites e.g. Google Scholar.
- Different books on English linguistics from Google Books.
- Read case studies from websites like The Case Centre.
Collecting all the relevant information will help you craft outstanding A-level English language assignments. Supervisors analyse these assignments and award A* based on the credibility of written information.
A strong outline provides a smooth track for writers to information logically. The most important step is to develop a structure for an A-level English language assignment. To create an effective structure UCL has provided a strong plan for your assignment as follows:
- Write what your assignment introduction includes.
- Include the linking sentences to maintain the flow.
- Derive a crisp conclusion; restate implications, queries and suggestions.
A better structure helps to write your ideas clearly and strengthen your arguments. Therefore, sequencing your A-level English language assignment structure benefits a lot. It gives students a benchmark for achieving high scores.
Once you have prepared a well-organised structure, the next technique is to write your first draft. Now, begin the writing process of the A-level English language assignment. Stick to the focused idea as follows:
- Exposure to the English language.
- What are the important types that can be interlinked?
- Highlight the historical background of the English language.
- Stick to the common challenges experienced by natives.
- Jot down the information about phonetics, semantics and pragmatics.
Try to write comprehensively on the ideas. Keep in mind that when you are writing, just write. While writing, there is no need to edit, as it disrupts the chronological flow of information. Ensure that you have crafted different time slots to begin the writing. The proper time for writing should be allocated as follows:
- Writing 10 pages in one sitting is hectic.
- Divide the topic into different paragraphs and sections.
- Write 15-20 paragraphs of a few hundred words for two hours.
- All this can make the task easily attainable.
Assignment, which is a form of academic writing and requires formal language. In writing a winning A-level English language assignment, use the right choice of words. Avoid using slang, or phrases that disrupt the logical flow.
For further clarity, you can see the criteria provided by EdgeHill University on Academic Writing: Using Formal Language:
Every writer goes through writer’s block. It is a common thing for many writers to find their ideas and vocabulary stuck. There are different causes of suffering from writer’s block. Some of the main problems include;
- Lack of understanding of the assignment topic.
- Not having enough material to write.
- Stress issues
- Deadline pressure
On the contrary, some of the beneficial tips are mentioned below for writer’s block:
- Recognise your distraction and get rid of it. For instance, you see a mobile phone while writing. Simply place your mobile phone away from the writing desk so you can’t reach it.
- Take a good break. Hang out for 10 minutes and do your favourite activity. The activity could be any game like badminton, a short walk etc.
- Have a sleep. It will better refresh your mind and mood for writing.
- Rather than all these, while writing, you can also see some keywords or phrases. These small components help you a lot in comprehending your ideas.
Adding numerical data in A-level English Language assignments helps readers grab the exact information. For instance, you are writing about how many students pursue English language courses yearly. To answer this question, write the numerical figure (225,641). This response to the reader’s question abruptly satisfies their curiosity.
Moreover, it provides authentication and supporting statements to the whole assignment. You can gather information from credible online resources, including different websites.
The most important of all the steps is to add proper referencing in your A-level English language assignment. Citing the references helps to avoid a lot of plagiarism. It proves that the content is supported by the evidence. Different citation styles include MLA, APA, Chicago, Harvard and Vancouver.
Image Source: IUPUI.
The final step is editing. It helps you to organise A-level English language assignment ideas in a proper sequence. Proofread your assignment frequently. Read it out loud and spot the following errors:
- Basic spellings.
- Repetition of words.
- The coherence between the topic and body.
- Length of the sentence.
- Grammatical errors and punctuation.
- Examine the formatting.
- Check fonts and margins.
Take as many breaks as you can. Because breaks help you to recharge your mind and concentrate effectively. Finding all the errors and updating them at this stage will prepare the final file for submission. Therefore, proofreading is the last but most crucial step in assignment writing.
According to Thomas Rotherham College, you can write an A-level English language assignment as follows:
- Gather topic ideas
- Make a plan
- Write a focused headline.
- Include an interesting introduction
- The main body includes three main paragraphs and interlinks them.
- Nice conclusion by summarising viewpoints.
As per Pearson qualifications, only the supervisor or teacher registered at Edexcel can check, mark and authenticate A-level coursework. The highly trained teachers analyse the:
- Students’ abilities.
- Preference of text and titles.
- Reference to the resources of information.
Considering the above-mentioned perspectives of A-level English language assignment enables students to write perfectly. You can write a high-score assignment by reading the instructions, structuring it, and proofreading it. All the key steps mentioned above enhance the readability and delivery of an assignment. You can also search for some infographics and include them in your assignment for better reach.
You must put in extra effort while composing assignments for A-level English Language subjects. Some factors that make writing assignments hard include the unclarity of ideas, distractions, and deep research. From understanding to writing and editing all require a massive time-frame.
In such situations, students strive to balance their tasks and courses for top grades. Seeking assistance from online assignment writing services proves beneficial. Proficient writers in these services excel in creating logically structured and coherent assignments. Timely delivery further enhances student satisfaction.