The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the entrance test for the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for admission into the IIM (Indian Institutes of Management) and the IIMs. The JEE is a national level exam for admission to the IIMs in different streams:
JEE is an acronym that stands for the Joint Entrance Examination conducted in India for admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). The Joint Admission Board of India (JAB) is the central controlling authority of this entrance exam, which is conducted every year, at the beginning of March.
JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) is the national level engineering examination conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). This exam is conducted for admission to different engineering colleges across India. The JEE exam is conducted in the first half of May every year. In this article we will discuss about JEE Eligibility, Syllabus, Age Limit, Fees, Registration. We will also provide you some of the most important information like JEE Syllabus and JEE Course Duration, JEE Pattern, JEE Exam Pattern, JEE Score Card, JEE Cut off and JEE Result.
The JEE exam in India is an entrance exam for engineers at the national level. It consists of two levels – JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is considered as a selection exam to choose the candidates who are eligible for JEE Advanced. This exam is the final test for selection of candidates for admission to top IITs. Every year the IITs hold a common entrance exam or JEE to select candidates for different courses like B.Pharm, B.Tech, B.Arch 5 years, M.Tech and integrated M.Sc. courses.
What is the JEE exam?
JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination, an entrance exam held in India. It is a computer-based exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for students seeking admission to an undergraduate course in a reputed engineering college in India. It includes two types of tests, JEE Main and JEE Advanced, as mentioned above. This is the exam of the first level – JEE main, it is held in 2 sessions and candidates can take the exam either in April or January. In addition, a candidate may take one or both of the examinations. The NTA scores of both the examinations shall be taken into consideration and the best score shall be considered by the organizing authority for preparing the merit list or ranking list. Based on the marks obtained in JEE Main, students are also admitted to IITs, NITs, CFITs or other government sponsored technical institutes. The best 2,50,000 students who score first in the JEE Main exam get a chance to participate in the JEE Advanced exam.
Eligibility requirements for the JEEexam
The basic requirement for participation in the JEE exam is a 10+2 diploma.
- No age limit for JEE Main 2021
- However, candidates should check the age criteria of the particular institute they are applying for.
What to consider
- Candidates should hold Grade XII or equivalent in 2019 or 2020.
- Candidates who have passed the XII exam in 2021 can also apply easily.
- If you have taken the class XII exam before or in 2018, you are not eligible.
- The candidate must pass a qualifying examination in a total of at least 4 subjects. If you have had 4 subjects in the exam, your application will be rejected.
- Candidates can take the JEE exam three years in a row.
- This exam is held twice a year and you can take both exams.
- If you attend both sessions in the same year, it will count as one attempt.
- Candidates participating in JEE India exam must carry their AADHAR card and other valid ID for the entrance exam.
- The marks of class XII no longer count. As per the guidelines of the CBSE Board, Class 12 marks are not taken into consideration while calculating the JEE Main rankings for all India.
JEE MainExamination plan
- The basic JEE exam has a lower level of difficulty. It includes two documents. Document I gives admission to undergraduate engineering programmes of NITs, CFTIs, IIITs and other institutes. It is also known as JEE Advanced qualification exam, which is held to facilitate admission to IITs.
- Document-II is retained for admission in B. Planning, B.Arch. Due to the COVID 19 crisis, JEE Main will be held in multiple sessions in 2021.
- JEE Main Paper I is conducted online and includes subjects like Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. The time limit is 3 hours. You will find 90 questions in total, 30 questions from each topic. It contains 20 multiple-choice questions and 10 numerical questions. Of the 90 questions, candidates only need to answer 75. This means 25 questions from each of the above topics.
- For multiple choice questions, each correct answer is worth +4 points and a wrong answer is worth -1 point. If you don’t try to answer a question, there is no negative evaluation. A +4 is also awarded for numerical questions.
- The total marks for the JEE I main exam will be 300.
Advanced Placement JEE Examination Table
- Admission to various undergraduate programs of Indian Institute of Technology is done through JEE.
- This is an online assessment based on objective data. It consists of two tests of 3 hours each. These two tasks are mandatory.
- Tests I and II consist of three different parts: mathematics, physics and chemistry. All questions are objective and designed to test candidates’ analytical, comprehension and evaluation skills.
- The questions included both numerical questions and MCQs. The structure of the exam and the number of questions are constantly changing. It’s not tied to any particular year. In addition, the labelling scheme changes every year. Remember that a negative mark will be given for incorrect answers.
Cost of JEE exam in India
The registration fee for the JEE exam is mentioned below:
- For male candidates belonging to OBC or non-reserved category: Rs 650.
- For OBC or non-reserved candidates: Rs 325.
- For SC/ST/Transgender/PWD candidates: Rs 325.
How do I register for the JEE exam?
You can easily register for the JEE exam by following the steps below:
- Visit the NTA JEE Main website. This is jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Please complete the registration form on the 2021 JEE website and fill in your details: Name, phone number and email address.
- Complete the JEE registration form with your school and personal details.
- Upload your scanned photo and signature
- Pay the registration fee for JEE
- Download a confirmation form
Here is how you can easily fill the JEE exam application form.
What documents are required to complete the JEE form?
The list of documents includes:
- Scanned picture of your signature and photo, make sure the format is JPEG or JPG. The file size of the photo must be between 10 KB and 200 KB and the photo must measure 3.5 x 4.5 cm. On the other hand, the signature must be between 4 KB and 30 KB in size and measure 3.5 x 1.5 cm. It should also be in JPEG or JPG format.
Message: Most questionnaires are not completed or give an error because a full size photo and signature have been uploaded.
- If you belong to a reserved category, download the category certificates
- Identity cards like Aadhar card, ration card, bank book, etc.
Things to keep in mind while registering for the JEEexam.
- Make sure you fill the JEE exam form before the deadline to avoid any last minute problems.
- Please read all instructions on the website carefully when filling out the form.
- Do not make mistakes when filling out the form, as the NTA will reject the form if it finds incorrect information.
- After you submit your application, you will need to download your confirmation email. Keep it safe until the registration process is complete.
- Applicants must ensure that the images they upload are the correct size or not.
JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) is a common entrance examination in India, to determine admission into undergraduate engineering, medical and dental colleges. JEE provides a common examination to students seeking admission to these institutes. It is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi.. Read more about jee main eligibility marks in 12th and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age limit for JEE Main?
The Joint Entrance Examination or JEE for short is a national level entrance examination for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate engineering and technology courses in India and other affiliated colleges. For a student, the one most awaited and most dreaded entrance examination is a dream come true. And JEE Main is the one exam that has the largest number of applicants for every single seat. This is usually where the dream of a bright future dies. And it is the same for the country. With the increasing number of students, the age limit to appear for JEE Main has to be increased.
Is 75 required for JEE Mains 2021?
The Joint Entrance Examination is an entrance examination for the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), the top engineering colleges in India. JEE Mains (or JEE Advanced) is the main examination for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes in IITs and IIMs. The JEE Mains exam is held twice a year, in January and July. The test is open to all Indian nationals (with an overall score of 5.0/10) who have passed at least 10 subjects in any of the Indian school-level boards (CBSE, NCERT, state-level boards, etc.). The Joint Entrance Examination or JEE is a national level examination in India that qualifies the students for admission to the top technical institutes and engineering colleges in the country. The JEE is conducted twice in a year, i.e., in May/June and November/December each of the year respectively. If you have come across any question in the JEE Mains examination which has two options like “A” and “B”, it is a sectional or a dichotomous question. It is not a multiple-choice question.
Is 75 required for JEE mains?
The Joint Entrance Examination is the entrance examination for admission to undergraduate engineering (BE) programs in India. The JEE is conducted by the CBSE every year for admission to undergraduate engineering program in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), and some other government and private engineering colleges in India. The Joint Entrance Examination – commonly known as the JEE or IIT-JEE – is an entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) to admit students into its undergraduate quota of seats. The exam evaluates candidates in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English, with the Physics paper carrying the most weightage.
Feedback,jee main registration feejee advanced age limitjee mains eligibility criteria 2020jee main eligibility marks in 12thjee main eligibility criteria 2021maximum age limit for jee mains,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,jee main registration fee,jee advanced age limit,jee mains eligibility criteria 2020,jee main eligibility marks in 12th,jee main eligibility criteria 2021,maximum age limit for jee mains,iit eligibility percentage,jee exam date 2021