Manchester City have moved closer to signing Tottenham’s in-form striker Harry Kane as part of a triple offer for Bernardo Silva, according to reports. The Citizens, who are also reportedly interested in signing Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal, have made the Brazilian winger the first part of a deal that will see them pay £60million for the England international. If that were the case, then they would be paying £55m for Kane, as Spurs would take just £10m for the England international. However, after seeing that Bernardo Silva had rejected a move to Tottenham, it’s widely thought that City will now offer the same amount for Kane that they’re willing to pay for the Brazilian.
As reported by the Daily Mirror, Bernardo Silva has reportedly rejected a move to Tottenham to join Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. The Portuguese star picked up a hamstring injury at the end of last season and missed a number of games, with his recent recovery impressing Guardiola and fuelling rumours he could be the subject of a move to City.
This Manchester City player, Bernardo Silva, looks set to leave the club, and for Tottenham. The Portuguese star has rejected Tottenham’s €80-million bid for him, and is now instead hoping to join Manchester City.. Read more about harry kane and let us know what you think.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Man City’s Bernardo Silva rejects a transfer to Spurs.
Bernardo Silva has rejected a transfer to Tottenham Hotspur as part of a possible deal to bring Harry Kane to Manchester City.
According to The Athletic, the 27-year-old is not interested in joining Spurs and is instead looking for a transfer to Spain.
City manager Pep Guardiola has been linked with a move for England captain Kane, but ESPN has learned that Tottenham CEO Daniel Levy valued Kane, who has three years remaining on his contract, at more than £150 million.
Silva is said to have been engaged in an initial bid for Kane, who is 28 years old, that was subsequently rejected. City has said that the Portugal international is free to leave the club after four years if a fair offer is offered.
Atletico Madrid has long been connected with a move for Silva and is believed to still be interested in making a bid for him as they seek to strengthen their ranks in order to defend their LaLiga championship.
If he stays at the club, Silva’s playing time may be restricted as a result of the £100 million signing of Jack Grealish from Aston Villa, with the Etihad club still seeking to generate money as a result of his arrival and any possible Kane transfer.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
08.15 BST: Arsenal has finalized the permanent acquisition of Real Madrid midfielder Martin Odegaard for approximately €40 million.
Odegaard, 22, spent last season on loan with the Premier League team, making 20 appearances and scoring two goals.
The Norwegian international returned to Spain this summer to try to break into Real Madrid’s first squad, but was informed by new manager Carlo Ancelotti that he would have to compete for a starting spot.
Arsenal’s signings of Martin Odegaard and Aaron Ramsdale have elicited reactions from Ian Darke and Julien Laurens.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Luke Thrower)
– According to trade analyst Fabrizio Romano, Arsenal are seeking to sell three players from their roster before the conclusion of the summer transfer season. The Gunners are looking for bids for Willian, Hector Bellerin, and Lucas Torreira, none of whom featured in their 1-0 loss to Brentford on the opening day.
– Weston McKennie, a US international, may be on his way out of Juventus after only one season with the Serie A side. According to Calciomercato, the Bianconeri are ready to listen to bids for the 22-year-old midfielder. McKennie had a strong start at Juve after signing for €18.5 million from Schalke, but he became increasingly inconsistent as the season progressed.
– While Barcelona’s outgoings may take precedence in the face of well-publicized financial problems, there is still a point of view on incomings at Camp Nou. According to AS, Ronald Koeman wants to sign Getafe midfielder Mauro Arambarri on a short-term loan until the club works out its salary problems. Not only does Barcelona need to sell some players to make a transfer feasible, but Getafe is allegedly waiting for a club to activate the player’s €25 million release clause before allowing him to go.
– According to Sky Italy, Internazionale is becoming optimistic in signing striker Marcus Thuram from Borussia Monchengladbach. After losing Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea, the Nerazzurri have been seeking to strengthen their offensive options, having previously signed Edin Dzeko from AS Roma this window. Inter were unlikely to match the Bundesliga club’s original value of €30 million, but it is thought that discussions between the two sides have progressed since then.
– According to The Times, Jesse Lingard is willing to quit Manchester United if the club cannot promise him playing time. The 28-year-old excelled on loan for West Ham United last season, earning him a call-up for England ahead of Euro 2020, but he didn’t make the final roster. Lingard has played in the Red Devils’ preseason, scoring against both QPR and Derby County, but given United’s offensive depth, he is unlikely to receive as much playing time as he would want.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- bernardo silva man city
- will bernardo silva start for man city
- man city bernardo silva injury
- bernardo silva manchester city
- manchester city bernardo silva